Oil & Fuel Detector
The BG-Oil (Oil and Fuel Detector) senses the presence of oil and can be easily integrated into any vessel’s alarm system. Compartments on a vessel or even in a landside space are often in close proximity to tanks and machinery where oil and fuel leaks can potentially occur. Installing the BG-Oil will provide an early warning for spills in these environments. The BG-Oil is CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified, tested to ABYC-1500 standards. Patented technology.
How It Works:
With precise oil and fuel detection accuracy down to 1 mm (0.04 in), the BG-Oil triggers an alarm when oil or fuel is detected, once connected to a BG-CP (Control Panel) or any alarm system. The alarm output sources up to 1 amp, making it capable of driving user relays and actuators. When the sensor is configured in its factory default mode, Standard Alarm Mode, the alarm will turn ON when oil is detected and OFF when oil is no longer detected. In Latch Alarm Mode the alarm stays ON when oil is detected, until manual reset or power cycling of the devices. Set low, medium, or high oil detection sensitivity via the BGI Config App.
With IP-68 rated durability, the BG-Oil is made with rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic. The sensor comes with a heavy-duty mounting bracket to attach to a bulkhead or frame with #8×0.75” 316 stainless steel screws. Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires connect to the BG-JBox (Junction Box) that should be mounted high on a bulkhead, keeping the connections dry and reliable. The BG-Oil has two integrated sensors to ensure a reliable and accurate detection.
- Oil and fuel detection down to 1 mm (0.04 in)
- 2 integrated sensors - solid-state with no moving parts or mechanical float switches that can easily be damaged
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity- connects to the BGI Config App available on IOS and Android devices
- CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified
- Alarm Output: 12 or 24 Vdc, 1 amp max
- Operating Voltage: 12 or 24 Vdc
- Operating Temperature Range with Full Functionality: 32F -158F
- Operating Temperature Range: -22F - 185F
- Three Wire System: Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires, 6ft long
- IP-68 Rated Durability: Rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic housing and mounting bracket
- Compact Size: Without Mounting Bracket- 4.6in D x 2in H / With Mounting Bracket- 5.9in L x 4.6in W x 2.0 in H