Here, in one essential volume, are the basics of wilderness survival. The most ancient and important skills, preserved for generations, are presented in a simple, easy-to-use format with clear illustrations and instructions. A complete must-have companion to the great outdoors.
* How to build natural shelters in plains, woods, or deserts
* How to get safe drinking water from plants, trees, the sun, or Earth Herself
* How to make fire without matches and maintain it in any weather
* How to find, stalk, kill, and prepare animals for food
* The “big four” edible plants, and hundreds of others useful for both nutrition and medicine